We kindly ask you to participate in a brief study about Docear’s recommender system. Your participation will help us to improve the recommender system, and to secure long-term funding for the development of Docear in general! If you are willing to invest 15 minutes of your time, then please continue reading.
Participate in the Study
- Start Docear
- Click on the “Show Recommendations” button.
- Click on all recommendations, so they open in your web-browser. Click on them even if you know a paper already, or if a paper was recommended previously.
- For each recommended paper, please read at least the abstract. You may also read the entire paper if you like, or at least skim through it.
- Rate the recommendations: The better the current recommendations are, the more stars you should give. Please note that:
- Ratings should only reflect the relevance of the current set of recommendations. Do not rate recommendations based on the quality of previously received recommendations.
- Please do not rate recommendations poorly only because they were shown previously. When you receive recommendations that were shown previously, you should give the same rating as previously.
- Please do not rate recommendations poorly because the link to the PDF was dead, and you could not read the PDF. Dead links do not depend on the recommender system, and you should just ignore them. In other words: Please rate only the quality of those recommendations that you could actually read. If none of the recommendations you clicked could be read, just give no rating at all.
- The user study runs until July 15th. We would highly appreciate if you could receive and rate recommendations during that period a couple of times (click the green refresh icon to receive new recommendations). The more recommendations you rate, the better for our research. However, even if you rate recommendations only once, you will help us a lot.
Very important: Please let us know your Docear username so we know you participated in the study – send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find your user name in the bottom-left corner of the status bar (see picture).
In addition, we would very much appreciate if you provide us with the following information:
Status: (e.g. Professor, Phd Student, Master Student, …)
Field of Research:
Since when are you using Docear approximately: