Paid Student Jobs (‘Hiwi’)
We seek to hire local students in Siegen for 20-60 hrs per month for one of the following tasks:
- Contribute to our business start-up Darwin & Goliath, which offers recommendations-as-a-service (20-60 hrs/month). The focus can be on:
- API development. Good knowledge of Python and Web Technologies (REST, HTTP) is required.
- Recommender-system development. Good skills in machine learning and basic knowledge in recommender-systems are required.
- Continue the development of our literature management software Docear (40-80 hrs/month). Very good Java programming skills are required.
You will be paid according to the salary scales for student workers, and get your own desk in our offices.
If you do not possess the required skills and knowledge to apply for one of the above-listed jobs, but if you are highly interested and motivated to join our group, we would still love to hear from you. In that case, you may join the projects on an unpaid voluntary basis, and after a few months of work, you might receive a working contract.
Apply & Contact
As each of the jobs will require a few months (paid) training period, we are looking for students who likely will stay with us for at least 1.5 years. So, if you are e.g. in your final year of your Master’s, you would not be applicable to apply (though, we would be glad to hear from you for supervising your Master thesis).
Contact us if you are interested in one of the jobs and let us know:
- Who you are
- What you study
- How long you likely will stay in Siegen
- Which of the jobs you want
- Why you want that job
- What skills you possess already, and which ones you might still need to acquire
- How many hours would you like to work minimum, maximum, ideally?
- What other obligations do you have besides studying? Any other jobs? If so, how many hours per month?
Or, simply drop by our offices for a coffee and have a chat with us.