A few days ago we released the experimental version of Docear and wrote about it in our experimental release forum (you can subscribe to that forum if you want to be informed about new experimental releases). Today we declare Docear 1.01 as stable and from now on it’s available on our primary download page. Changes are rather minor.
- A slightly modified dialog for selecting your PDF viewer (some links were updated)
- The labeling of the file monitoring settings are now more uniform
- The colors for “Move …” in the “Nodes” ribbon were changed from green to blue. There’s quite a funny story behind it. One of our team members recently told me that the arrows for moving nodes would point to the wrong direction. I told him that they were absolutely correct and we had quite a discussion. Then we realized that the team member is (red-green) color blind and couldn’t recognize the green arrows properly. Well, now the arrows are blue (see screenshot) and all people should be able to recognize them correctly 🙂
In addition, we did some bug fixes.
- Startup bug which prevented Docear from starting when some data was stored on a network drive
- Ribbon minimizing bug which shows an empty ribbon after double clicking on it
- Some default keyboard short cuts did not work
- In Docear users could not register after they had used it as local user
- Import of XMP metadata for PDF files failed sometimes