For next year’s Machine Learning module, we might be hiring one or two postgraduate students as demonstrators, who will help us in designing and checking coursework, i.e. programming assignments. If you have experience in machine learning, including machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn, please contact us.
Go Abroad (to Tokyo)
We are working closely with the National Institute of Informatics in Tokyo, and have, among others, initiated the Earrach Sakura Award for Master and PhD students at Trinity College Dublin and the ADAPT Centre. If you are a student at ADAPT or TCD and would like to go to Tokyo for up to six months, read on here and here.
Internships in Dublin
Paid Summer Internships
Every summer, we offer paid 8-weeks internships for undergraduate students as part of the ADAPT Internship program.
Students from Germany
If you are a student from Germany and would like to work with us for a few months, there are good chances to get a funded internship. For instance, DAAD FIT Weltweit allows German Master students to pursue a research project for some months at Trinity College Dublin. Applications are possible at any time, and success rates are high, too. Similarly, DAAD RISE Weltweit allows German Bachelor students to conduct a research project at TCD for up to three months during the summer.
If you are from some other country: most governments offer some fellowships for students to study and research abroad. Feel free to explore your country’s options, and contact us if you want to apply for a scholarship.
Self-Funded / Unpaid Internships
If you are self-funded and would like to work with us, we would love to hear from you, too.
If you are interested in an internship, please send us an email and let us know the following:
- Your status at the time of the internship: Bachelor, Master, PhD student
- Your home university:
- Earliest possible start date:
- Latest possible start date:
- The minimum duration of the internship:
- The maximum duration of the internship:
- Funding: Self-Funded, Scholarship (provide details please), Funding required, …
- The suggested research topic of your internship:
- Have you published already? If yes, please provide a list of publications:
- Your knowledge in programming (Java/Python) and skills needed for the internship (e.g. machine learning)
- Motivation: Why do you want to do an internship with us?
- Further information: URLs Google Scholar, GitHub, and other relevant websites with information about your current and past projects.